If you are looking to do some sightseeing during your stay with us we have put together a must see list of the surrounding areas that we think you would love! With being surrounded by some many beautiful towns and villages here is a list of suggestions for your travels:
Richmond (24 min drive)
Richmond is a sleepy historic market town with cobbled streets and castle walks. There are plenty of pubs and restaurants to pop into for a bite to eat or to sample the locally brewed beverages.
Leyburn (13 min drive)
Leyburn has wonderful views of the surrounding countryside including an incredible woodland and riverside walk in redmire. Also filled with unusual shops to have a wonder around. There are castles and Abbeys to explore but, if you would like something more on the strange side then The Forbidden Corner should definitely be on your to do list!
Thirsk (55 min drive)
Thirsk is always a good visit if you are a bit more artsy as it is home to the Zillah Bell Contemporary Art as well as Thirsk hall sculpture garden. There are also museums if you would like to take a trip back in time.
Here are some other honourable mentions:
- Thorp Perrow (35 min drive) Arboretum and Bird of Prey & Mammal Centre
- Bolton castle ( 6 min drive)
- Kiplin hall (36 min drive )
- The himalayan garden and sculpture park (48 min drive )
- Foxglove covert (22 min drive) a beautiful nature reserve perfect for having a peaceful stroll or a spot of bird watching.